Summer in Boston, for many of its native residents and workers, means vacation… or at the very least bearing the city heat for an abridged work week before expatriating to the coastal oases of the Cape, Islands, and South or North Shores. For a city with such a dominant academic presence, summer also beckons a changing of the guards, as the universities empty out of their student occupants only to be replaced on the city streets by fleets of vacationing tourists seeking to capture a slice of this historic colonial town.
- Tech, Drugs & Rock n’ Roll: Jazz Edition hosted by Boston University’s Office of Technology Development – July 12th, 4-8PM @ BU Metcalf Hall. Its 7th rendition, this Boston event is a summer mainstay.
- Boston BioBreak Happy Hour hosted by LabCentral – July 14th, 5:30-7:30PM @ LabCentral in Kendall Square.
- Biotech Fun Run hosted by Atlas Venture – July 21st, 7AM @ Kendall Square. Every Thursday at 7am. Follow @atlasventure #RunningAtlas on Twitter to keep pace with the next group jaunt.
- Annual Summer Mixer hosted by MassBio – July 21st, 5-7PM @ Restaurant Dante in Cambridge. Part of MassBio’s Regional Mixer series, which surveys the Commonwealth's many innovation hubs.
- Startup Showcase 2016 hosted by MassChallenge – July 27th, 6-9PM @ Innovation & Design Building Promenade. An annual expo featuring the newest crop of startups participating in MassChallenge’s Boston Accelerator.
- Biotech Tuesday hosted by BiotechTuesday! – August 16th, 7-10PM (Location: TBD). A monthly networking opportunity to mix with others from the local biotech scene. Stay posted by joining their mailing list.
- Entrepreneurs Salon hosted by Harvard Medical School Department of Biomedical Informatics – A monthly series, last held on June 16th. Sign up for their mailing list to receive announcements regarding their next event!
Do you know of any networking events worth highlighting that I may have missed? Comment here! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.